Sunday 2 February 2020

Kia Ora and Welkom Parents/Caregivers/Students

Welcome to 2020, a year with many exciting things to look forward to! I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Eric Karshagen (MrK) and I shall be teaching the students of Room 19 this year.  I have been a teacher for more than 28 years and this will be my fourth year at Berkley. I emigrated to NZ from South Africa in 2005, settled in the Waikato where I have continued my teaching career. Things that make me smile include fishing, garage sales and welding art pieces using scrap metal (...plus hard working students of course) The most rewarding part of teaching for me is 15-20 years from now when past students look me up on social media remembering the good times we shared in class. It is then that I know that I have made a difference!

Room 19 will be a hive of activity this year with many learning opportunities on offer, both inside and outside the classroom. I am looking forward to working with you; making the transition into a new class/school as smooth as possible. My hope is for you to build on your previous learning and to leave Berkley a confident and resilient, self-regulated learner.

Our class motto "Attitude is Everything" will feature prominently in everything we do.

"Life is 10% what happens and 90% how you react to it." Charles Swindoll

Parent involvement and a positive teacher/parent partnership are vital to ensure success within the classroom. Do not hesitate in contacting me with any concerns you may have or informing me of any issues that might affect your child’s learning, so that I can provide the necessary support.

I look forward to getting to know you and working with you throughout the year. Please feel free to email me at ekarshagen@berkley.school.nz with any questions, concerns or information that you may have.

Kind regards/Vriendelike Groete

Eric Karshagen ( Mr K)




16 comments: